How to come to Bourg-en-Bresse ?
Bourg-en-Bresse is really easy to reach by motorway :
- A39 from Jura mountains (30′), Strasbourg (4h), Belgium, Germany and Luxembourg.
- A40: between Mâcon (20′) and Chamonix–Mont Blanc, Annecy (1h30), the Alps, Italy, Geneva (1h15) and Switzerland
- A42: directed to Lyon (50′), Rhône valley, the South of France and Spain, the Massif Central, and the Atlantic ocean through A89 and Clermont-Ferrand
- A high-speed train (TGV) station is settled in the centre of Bourg-en-Bresse; it enables you to reach Paris in 1h50 and Geneva in 1h.
- Other lines are direct to Lyon (50′), Lons le Saunier, Mâcon and Annecy.
The little airport of Bourg-Jasseron welcomes leisure planes all year round.
Some shuttles drive you between Bourg-en-Bresse and the main international airports several times a day:
– Lyon Saint-Exupéry (1h) with regular lines and on request shuttles
– Additional shuttles can be booked from and to Lyon, Genève and even Paris airports
This service is also offered by taxis and car with a driver.
How to move in Bourg-en-Bresse?
The town is not that big so you can drive easily, even if we suggest walking to discover the old parts of Bourg-en-Bresse.
The tourist office has maps to offer and sell; you can download one on this website. Car parks are noted with P. In the centre, 30′ to 2h are free either in closed parkings and in the street.
Special parkings for coaches are located at the Champ de Foire and at the station (short stay) and avenue Amédée Mercier for a longer time. Only a short stop is accepted in front of the royal monastery of Brou.
Campers have two special areas around Bourg-en-Bresse. Some campsites welcome them too around the city. A short stop can be accepted; please see the pictures on the map.
Hire a car, a bike, an electric bike, call a taxi or a car with a driver:
Please find all the professional offering those services.
Bourg-en-Bresse is a green town. Many parks and gardens, a special track for bikes and some pedestrian ways in the centre invite you to walk quietly. Some itineraries are suggested by the tourist office: you can get them at our desk or download them.
All the district is covered by a bus services. You can get the map of the lines and further information on www.tub-bourg.fr
Tickets can be purchased in some tobacco shops, at the tourist office and at the bus shop: 2 rue du 19 mars 1962 in Bourg-en-Bresse.
Why not discover the region hiking, cycling, riding a moto or driving? We suggest you some tracks so that you don’t miss the best of Bourg-en-Bresse region!