Bourg-en-Bresse is combined in the plural!
A dynamic economy
- Industry: engineering (Renault Trucks, MECABOURG), wire drawing and metallurgy (Arcelor Mittal), furniture (Moissonnier, Grosfillex), food (Giraudet, Marie Bouvard) …
- Training and research: food Alimentec pole, various spots from the University of Lyon (human and social sciences, computer science, biology, energy thermal engineering), CNRS, business school … Innovative courses and expertise of excellence are firmly rooted locally.
- Agriculture: Breeding of Bresse chickens, horses but also cattle that produce butter and cream of Bresse PDO and various cheeses, corn … The quality of the surrounding countryside productions is internationally recognized.
Through this network of SMEs and large groups that have adopted the territory but also to clusters and networks of employers, the agglomeration of Bourg-en-Bresse, like the department of Ain, can boast to have a relatively low unemployment rate and a dynamic economy.
A recent multimodal center in the SNCF train station, the renovation in 2014-2015 of the the exhibition center Ainterexpo and the construction of an events room, Ekinox, mixed use (sports, cultural events, professional) or the establishment of a Congress services across the territory reinforce the economic attractiveness of the destination.
Culture is our nature…
Economic dynamism but also socio-cultural! The cultural and leisure offers are opportunities to meet and share a beautiful meeting:
- Offers of green and sporting activities, very diverse, invite to gather for a moment of conviviality in the heart of the beautiful landscape of Bresse, the Dombes and foothills of Bugey and neighboring Jura: water sports, golf, hiking, cycling, horse riding, climbing, climbing, tree climbing … relaxation and fun activities, spa, laser tag, maze are here for you to spend a great time!
- Shows, concerts or festivals are scheduled throughout the year and in such diverse registers opera, jazz, contemporary music and drama by scenes and associations of the agglomeration of Bourg-en -Bresse.
- Exhibitions fueled notably by the Royal Monastery of Brou and the contemporary art center H2M combine classical and historical environment and modern creativity.
- Guided tours of the city, sites and museums, sound like a bridge between past and present. The surrounding towns offer natural and built heritage to discover in walks or strolls.
A green city
The living, downtown stylish and shopping Bourg-en-Bresse, a city known for its flowers (ranked 3 flowers) as well as several suburban districts, is an undeniable asset. Many parks and gardens, fountains, green connection, lush forest on the outskirts of the city, urban recreation park with its vast lake, fishing and recreational ponds in surrounding villages, marked trails …: real meeting point between nature and culture, Bourg-en-Bresse is a charming country town in which to live and stay.
Proof is the barometer of Echoes 2015 who gave Bourg-en-Bresse the 5th position of French cities for its quality of life!
Staying in Bourg-en-Bresse region
To make the most of a gourmet getaway, cultural, sporting, relaxation or professional in Bourg-en-Bresse region, many hosting offers are available, traditional hotel with furnished accommodation through camping and cottages.
In the country of Brillat-Savarin and Georges Blanc, good restaurants abound! Gourmet restaurants, but also traditional and world cuisine welcome you all to make you taste the Bresse chicken, quenelles, the Bresse pie, wines of Bugey … and not only!